Wednesday, September 7, 2011

USGS Latest Quake Page Looking Very Weird

Earthquakes bring out the worst in some people.
Sgt. Lew Slade, Earthquake (film)

The Oracle of Ottawa is quiet the creature of habit. It must be from the the time in the Navy. It was there that I learned the value of "routines". Although that was decades ago now, it is still with me. One of my daily routines that I do six days a week is to check my "Daily's" It is a select group of web pages that I look at every day. The list includes the markets, the metals, The Ontario wholesale electricity price, don't laugh this contains a lot of information on the economy, you can read it like a stock ticker tape after a while.. The daily list has grown to nine sites over all. But still the first site that I look at every day is the USGS - Latest Earthquakes in the World page. I have had that page on the top for over ten years now. And looking at it every day you start to get a feel for what is right i.e. an earthquake near Alaska, and what is not quite right,...really starts to stand out like a sore thumb.

The Earth is a busy place...

And lately the action in the USA does not look right...The normal action on the coast of California is as per normal, but what is bugging me is the action that seems to popping up from the interior North West forming a join to Vancouver Island in Canada to the line of quakes that is forming inland parallel to the usual California quakes and then seems to be continuing in an arc throughout the deep southern states right to the East coast! Upon reflection this all seemed to start right after that last big Japanese quake that went over 8.0 on the Richter Scale...There seem to be a lot of college seismologists, and amateur observers that have commented on this...and lately it has seemed to me to be very persistent and pronounced...I just feel that there might be a big one on the West Coast. Really big... From Vancouver to Mexico...with mud fountains and other weird stuff happening in places where it just shouldn't be happening...

Like my Old Dad always tells me, make sure your bags are packed....

How weird is this? Don't be scared, be prepared....

No comments:

Post a Comment