Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Format

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
Karl Marx, "Theses on Feuerbach" (1845), Thesis 11, Marx Engels Selected Works,(MESW), Volume I, p. 15

What a run! Forty posts and the only problem is not starting, but stopping. I learned a few good tricks from a great writer and I'll share them with you later, possibly post one hundred... or not. When Karl Marx was writing notes in the British Library Reading Room (seat A1, I believe...) did he write out a format? I believe not.. If you can get a copy of the Grundrisse you can see that he was looking for signposts in the fog and six hundred pages later he started making them out.. The format boat will leave without me..

Fine Tea Rose, Bred by Roman Soldiers...

How are we to get the world we want? Are you satisfied with the way things are? I certainly am not. I feel that all the gains of my grandfather and my father are being quickly eroded away. Do you feel better off now than ten years ago? Didn't think so... It started as a lark about the Bilderberg Group, but the more I discover the more I am convinced our former way of life is under a very patient and very well financed attack. The future will be a cross between Brave New World and The Hand Maidens Tale... your daughters will carry " Baby Ports" not passports.. Wait for it. Maggy Atwood is Welsh and when they write or sing it behooves one to pay attention.




Today's German Lesson; Sing along with Rammstein, Nighty night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment