Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Letter to Jeff Bezos

And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Revelation 5; 3

Dear Jeff:

It all started so well! The first two book orders were perfect. The guys from UPS know where I live. The depot is very near where I reside. Once I wasn't in and they left a tag. I was able to make arrangements and no problem. After the second order though , the spamming really jumped up. How do you know I can afford a Cartier watch?


Sometime last fall I started to up my third order. I was told that I would get free shipping for spending only $25.00! What a bargain I thought. So I promptly checked my "wish list" and bought all the heavy books on said list. Jeff if you were me, what would you do? By the end of the order the box would have weighed about 10 -15 kilograms or 20 -30 lbs. thereabouts... I pushed the button and expected my order in about three days, just like before. I was really looking forward to Mathew Halley's Commentary and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf. Heather Reisman of Chapters in Canada won't sell that book for some reason beyond my understanding. And you had every edition available listed in your catalog, I thought it would be a sure thing.

Well three days turned into ten days and no books and no miss tag from Uppy Duppy ! But I got the E-mail from you telling me that my order was undeliverable!!? And you promptly credited my credit card for the whole amount.  Little Jeff, the Oracleofottawa was not amused!! And the spamming still continued! I had two orders of hard to get Classics and you were spamming me for a Globe & Mail news paper subscription!
And every other kind of flaky books I never buy, no matter what the price. And your Wikipedia article stresses that you are " systems "  guy? I don't see it big guy, don't see it at all.

Well I got over it after deleting my "wish list " and canceling my account completely, which finally stopped the flaky spamming.  Then I made some New Years resolutions. No more corporate food, i.e McDonalds and no more corporate book sellers i.e. Amazon.com. I will go to Abe Books and develop a relationship with several friendly respectful local Book Sellers!

By the way, how did that Kindle thingy sell over the holiday's? Still no numbers eh? Hmmmm... There is a market for that stupid thing Jeff, try auto-mechanics, nurses, and lawyers, also snake-oil type salesman. So I figure you got yours already...
                                                                                                           Happy Trials;
                                                                                                         Oracleofottawa...


                                                         Another Happy Customer......

No comments:

Post a Comment