Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letter to Richard Fadden

To trace the mischievous effects of a mutable government, would fill a volume.
James Madison, The Federalist, No.62

Dear Richard:

Well, I am hoping the smoke has cleared and the dust settled after your amazingly gutsy move to step up and let 'er rip on the CBC. Before I saw that interview, I had you guys written of as "spooks" and at best a necessary evil of a democratic society. Now I have changed my opinion, you are still "spooks", but an essential and very important evil! I am hoping that makes you feel somewhat better. If it has got so bad that you had to come out from behind the curtain I realized that the real problem is like an iceberg and there is over 85% of it way under water. Upon much thought I don't envy you Sir at all. Do you find yourself sitting at your office window at CSIS HQ late at night pondering the future of Canada. What a crushing load.

Parliament Hill, What its all about...

While watching the CBC interview I immediately remembered two examples of what you were talking about. Do you remember that Ottawa veteran who tried to install a flag pole on his lawn and couldn't do it because of all the zoning and other red-tape? I always think about this guy when I drive down Bronson Ave. and stop at the Somerset Street intersection and glance to see that Imperial Chinese welcome arch monstrosity. I am wondering how this got built on public property? It so reflects the ideals of Canadian multiculturalism and other aspects of the Canadian Constitution... Right out, it took a hell of a lot of pull and influence from the highest levels of some where.



It must also be admitted that I thought there was a degree of over reaction when you stepped up. But I have had to recently disavow myself of that, when I recently saw what you spoke of being carried out, rather blatantly, and only less than a kilometer from CSIS Headquarters! For more information on it see my post entitled " Memo From The Society Desk". It was so blatant and crass I still can't get over it.  

Prophecy always sounds insane in the present. But there are threats among us, of us, that frighten me the most. They are two in number. The Bilderberg Group and the Christian Right. I suppose that the greatest threats are the things that your mandate does not  cover. ( Perhaps there are links?) More sleepless nights are another thing you do not need. That the very class that should have the greatest interest in our society is actively plotting to subvert the gradually accumulated rights of us all... Well, enough of that!

It could only be in Canada that the head of the spy agency has the mindset and conviction of an eighteenth century Founding Father! And that, at the end of the day, is a well spent tax dollar.  

                                                                                                                            Oracleofottawa


P.S. The unofficial CSIS anthem......

No comments:

Post a Comment