Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Letter to David McGuinty

Impressions of this kind will naturally indicate the policy of fostering divisions among us, and depriving us, as far as possible, of an ACTIVE COMMERCE in our own bottoms.
Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers, No. 11

Dear David:

The wife just came back from the mother-in-laws and told me that the lights are on at the Tory War Room, but the parking lot is empty. There will be possibly an election very soon. Also, wee Jimmy Flaherty, the fiscal midget, is tearing around Canada like a leprechaun on PCP, skittering about madly in Steve Harper's ideological Peace Tower belfry. Apocalyptical business...  The Writ is slowly fluttering to the ground..

The Honorable David McGinty

The wife and I always keep an eye out for you on the TV. You are so good on your feet now. The one good thing about living in Ottawa South is that we have always had excellent representation at the federal and provincial levels. Keep reading Cicero's Orations. You can't talk like him in a modern court, but you can use that old roman style in parliament and it makes for great footage...  It has been great to watch you grow and do so well.

Library of Parliament

I had a few more pleasant paragraphs planned but as you know how  events take over and other things must be addressed right now. The news that broke at the market close in Toronto that the London Stock Exchange (FTSE) wants to acquire the Toronto Stock Exchange (TMX)!  A merger of equals! I am sure you heard that one before, I have and it never ends well. My biggest worry about this is the influence of Russian Oligarch gangsters and that influence coming to Canada under the guise of a corporate merger. Call CSIS and demand a briefing, I am not sure, but I believe they have to send somebody when you call them... Surely to God we can afford to own our own stock-exchanges? The whole thing has given me the Fear! Idea!  What better way to have National Securities Regulation then to have the Government of Canada owning the stock-exchanges!

Run with that gibberish Dave! It will give you leverage and much video time! Well it is a cold winters night, and all the other subjects I wanted to mention pale in importance to this latest run at Canada. When things settle (or not) I will write again.. The voters in Ottawa South got your back Dawg!

                                                                                                                        Until then..
                                                                                                                    Oracleofottawa


P.S. Ever since I started this stupid literary experiment, people have been slipping brown envelopes under the door to my fortified compound... And I have just learned about the Tory's next election theme song. I have attached it, but I don't know what to think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment