Monday, May 9, 2011

Letter to David McGuinty (II) Re: Leadership Run

Anger be now your song, immortal one,
Akhilleus' anger, doomed and ruinous,
that caused the Akhaians loss on bitter loss
and crowded brave souls into the undergloom,
leaving so many dead men--carrion
for dogs and birds; and the will of Zeus was done.
Homer, The Iliad, Book I, Quarrel, Oath, and Promise, Lines 1-6, Robert Fitzgerald Translation

Dear David:

Having survived this last fiasco, with all your usual aplomb and grace, Dawg, you can be my Prime Minister! How about this for a campaign Tag line? David McGuinty; Mackenzie King without the weirdness! We gotta do something! I can't let Canada and Ottawa South turn into freakin' Texas! It's all settled here. The wife is on board. We are going to order up are Liberal Party cards forthwith! If the leadership convention is in Ottawa we will be there! And why do I figure you will take it all in the first ballot? I got a few bushes to beat and I think I can get a few more people on board, no problem. With you at the helm Dave I see a four termer with no theatrics. I hate this change crap. I want a dynasty!!I want the Conservatives so far in the wilderness that they start herding sheep in Alberta! I want Steve Harpers nickname in the history books to be "Dief."

Prime Minister Mackenzie King

I just want the Canada that I remember so fondly as a child. The toleration, the boundless and unlimited future, a member of a nation of a people above... (you can use that in your acceptance speech...) I just want the Canada I have always known. And when you are at that next caucus meeting, get on about that stupid Party interference! The party structure should ensure the process of allowing the members and the voters to select their own candidates and riding members! If some riding picks a candidate with two heads and seven supernumerary nipples, that riding has a candidate with two heads and seven nipples! Dona and done! The last remanent's of the feudal system died out in the early 20th century. Not that long ago. Your job Dave is to eradicate the last remaining bits in the Liberal Party structure. No more drop in candidates.. No more it is his time... That will be decided by the party delegates.

Prime Minister David McGuinty?

The mighty Liberal Party has been in this situation before. I looked it up! It was the stomping of 1958. When you figure in that there were then only three parties and not five, and there was less than 300 seats up for grabs, not 308 as per today.. The situation of today is roughly proportional to the situation of 1958. And out of that wreckage we got some of the finest Prime Ministers in all of Canadian history. History has come full circle. It is our time, our greatness, our creation!

Some light briefing notes...All in, a hell of an act to follow... But your up for it Dave.....

                                                                                              Yours Truly:
                                                                                        The Oracle of Ottawa

No comments:

Post a Comment