Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ryan Keon's Dark Road

But even as they raved, you could hear a hollow kind of paranoid uncertainty in their voices, as if they could already feel the ebb tide sucking around their ankles...
Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Limbo: The Scum Also Rises, Rolling Stone, #171,October 10, 1974

It was just this Friday past, that I saw the first of Ryan Keon's shiny new Liberal campaign signs out on Robertson Road,  in not one of the better Ottawa neighbourhoods. And somehow this guy looked real familiar... By all appearances, and the trusted aspects of first impressions that the first sight of an unknown fellow human brings, I knew right there and then that this was certain death for the political career of one Pierre " Little Polly" Poilievre! The mighty Liberal machine has awoken from its slumber and finally found a Cadillac candidate to run against one of the most despised Tory's in the Ottawa area.

I like you, have winced in agony, disgust and deep embarrassment at every sleazy misstep this young punk " Little Polly " has managed to get himself into. The Oracle Of Ottawa resides in his fortified bunker somewhere in Ottawa South, and has much to be proud of regarding the quality of  the  representatives that this riding has historically sent to Parliament Hill and Queens Park. For the decades I have resided  in Ottawa South I can not recall one incident of vandalism on any candidate running in any level of any civic election.

"BACKFIRE"

Cut to this morning. A Sunday at home, following my much coveted "Sunday Routine" of much reading and many coffee's. I turned on the television to CTV News Channel to get a quick update on the pulse, and was utterly disgusted and aghast when those same shiny new Ryan Keon signs were shown vandalized, by a cross and a circle. At first I didn't get it! I thought it was an occult satanist symbol. But when the commentary continued to explain that more than 100 of his campaign signs had been vandalized in the same manner and hand, well, I felt that bubbling of a wave of rage and disgust rise from deep and dark within me...This is Ottawa, the seat of Federal government in Canada! Not freak'n Florence in the early 16th century!

While out to my local mall on the Sunday stroll, I copped an Ottawa-Sun which had a very good one page spread on the incident. The symbol was that of a crosshair, the image you see looking down a sniper scope. Then I got it! It was of the same style and type as the Sarah Palin web site used! (SarahPAC) This citizen is not amused! As a matter of fact, this citizen is sorely pissed! And you should be to! Still, this Ryan Keon looks weirdly familiar.. I made a mental note to check him out on Wikipedia after several social engagements the Oracle Of Ottawa is want to do on a Sunday...

Upon returning to the fortified bunker after a fine non corporate dinner, somewhere in Eastview , I got down to the Ryan Keon article on Wikipedia. And I was stunned to find out that Ryan Keon is Doctor Wilbert Keons son!  And that "Little Polly" is screwed for sure! He is totally outclassed. Compare the articles... In this race "Little Polly" will look like a tea spoon following  a steam shovel, well, rather, I would have to say a very large drag-line excavator! If the good doctors son has one tenth of his fathers royal jelly he will make a fine and long member of the next Parliament.

It was 1973, my father was felled from a massive heart attack at the Gillies Mill office in Braeside Ontario. He was not found for over 45 minutes.. He had just turned 39. When they wheeled him into the Arnprior General I saw him, his face I will never forget.. grey, blue, purple, and a really weird shade of green. They rushed him to the Civic in Ottawa. They gave him 90 days to live. Once when all us kids went to visit him a young doctor entered the room and he looked all the world then as Ryan looks now and said " Tom, I wonder if we could try a new procedure...".  I was up to Arnprior today, to see my Dad... He is pushing 80, not daisy's...


We got a lot of work to do in Ottawa. This town is soon going to be a Tory free zone....

No comments:

Post a Comment