Saturday, April 23, 2011

Prime Minister Layton... President Obama Line 1....

It is the sign of a great spirit to be moderate in prosperity.
Seneca the Elder, Suasoriae, ch. 1, sect. 3; translation from Michael Winterbottom

RE: Sometime in the near future....

Prime Minister Layton:  Good morning Mr President.....

President Obama: I want to be the first to congratulate you on your stunning electoral victory... Goodness man, they all thought I was a long shot! Your the long shot champion now dawg!

Prime Minister Layton: Well Mr. President, it is all still a bit of blur. Olivia and I are just getting settled into 24 Sussex Drive. It is taking forever to get all that Wal-Mart junk out of the place....

President Obama: I feel ya bro! When the misses and I moved into the White House we were still finding bags of pork rinds and pretzels for months...

Prime Minister Layton: To be perfectly frank Mr. President, I had no idea at the start of the campaign that this would happen! The whole country is still in a state of shock. Geez, even Sun News TV went off the air...

President Obama:  Don't let the bastards get you down now. And talking about shock... my  Joint Chiefs are damn near ready to have kittens! They all think that you are related to Vladimir Lenin! Any truth to that Prime Minister, hate to ask, but I just got to know....

Prime Minister Layton: No Mr. President, it is just a coincidence of fate and appearance. Every one has been bugging me about that as long as I can remember...

President Obama: Well that is a real relief! Your damn lucky I am President right now... My Joint Chiefs are calling for an invasion of Canada,  Strike before the "Evil Empire" rebirths itself. If Dubbya was still President, you would be in real deep water partner... But relax. I accepted a few resignations this morning, your win sorta really helped me and my administration with some pretty tough problems...

Prime Minister Layton: (Gulp!...) Well...always happy to be of assistance Mr. President...

President Obama: I have to warn you Mr. Prime Minister that there are forces down here that even I can't get control of. What with the Tea Party and the fragmentation of the Republicans, not to forget the Bilderberg Group... and boy are they PISSED! Well the best way I can put it is: No open cars....

Prime Minister Layton:  Mother of Hell Busting Voting God!

President Obama: Say again Mr. Prime Minister?

Prime Minister Layton: Oh, ah,... I can see that this is all going to be quite a slog.....

President Obama:  You have no idea Mr. Prime Minister... You better have a real good doctor or some cases of Geritol stashed away.... (hearty laugh...)

Prime Minister Layton:  One more thing Mr. President... I heard on the campaign trail that your guys might have one of our Avro-Arrows in perfect mint condition stored in some place called Area - 51, apparently it is parked in an underground hanger right beside that Roswell flying saucer....Any chance we could cut a deal to get it back?

President Obama:  (voices in background...) Are you kidding me Mr. Prime Minister? I am having a hell of a time to get any info on that. And damn! I want to know about this stuff as much as you do... But all they do is send me those weird guys in suits and dark glasses with the weird grey skin. Creeps the hell out of me!

Prime Minister Layton:  I see....

President Obama:  Tell you what! If as and or when I finally get this out of them I will  stuff that heirloom in a Star - Lifter and ship it F.O.B. to your Aviation Museum up there in Ottawa forthwith. Deal?

Prime Minister Layton:  Thank you very much Mr. President....

President Obama:  Well, gotta skip, you have my number Mr. Prime Minister....

Prime Minister Layton:  Until next time Mr. President...(Click....)

Vladimir Jack can handle damn near anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment