Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dementia at Desjardins (II)

Value, therefore, does not stalk about with a label describing what it is. 
Karl Marx, Das Kapital, Buch I, Chapter 1, Section 4, p. 85

Well, well. It seems that all the high powered Fart Catchers in the world, or at least on Bay Street in Toronto, can't make every thing happen, like they sell  it to the hapless corporate clients. In the mail this morning was a letter from my stock broker (RBC) extending the hardly generous offer for my Western Financial stock! The extension goes from Feb. 24, 2011, to March 17, 2011!  My, my! Who says small investors don't have power?

Karl Marx says; Just like I told ya!

The reason I wont take the crummy $4.10 a share is that Western Financial owns a Chartered  Bank! Yeah! A Schedule I Canadian domestic bank!  Called Bank West. In Canada you don't open a bank like a 7-11 corner store! They are a gold mine! And a Charter that is required to open a new bank is rare and very hard to get. I wouldn't take a $100.00 a share! And I strongly suggest that you don't either! If they had to extend this deal, it very clearly  appears to be in trouble! What usually happens on a "done" deal is that the first date is met by the majority of the stockholders. And the majority required depending on the domicile province is usually much more than 50% + 1! So this letter received this morning tells me that this dog is titsed! And enough of that...

Karl Marx said a long time ago that the worker would only get justice when he owned the means of production. Back in his time, in Victorian England, the joint stock limited liability company was in its infancy. It was nearly impossible for a normal working person to open an account with a stock broker. Therefore Karl Marx assumed in his writings the violent course of in the street social revolution. Move the clock up to today, 2011, any working person in the Americas, European Union, and most of Asia can own stocks. So how many do you own? There are nearly 7 billion people alive today. About 3 billion could easily become direct shareholders.

Give me 10 shares of BNS, Karl Marx sent me!

If there is one thing that keeps the ruling class up at night is the thought of the lumpen proletariat deciding all at once that they are going to get theirs! Nightmares of masses of activist share owners. Mutual and exchanged traded funds impossible to market and sell. It would spell the end of their world and the beginning of the dictatorship of  the proletariat! Just like Marx said at the end of Das Kapital Buch I in 1867! The times have caught up to the theory! Are you going to step up?

You will soon find out if you have the knack. Read about what the great investors in history have done. And read about what the great investors alive today have done and are doing. I mean only simple Buy and Hold investors such as say Warren Buffet. Let me tell you from my experience; behind many great fortunes and a multitude of small ones, there exists no crime! It is your birth right to be rich! So get the fuck on with it!


That's all Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment