Monday, January 31, 2011

On the F-35

"here we bless your simplicity but do not envy your folly."
Thucydides,History of the Peloponnesian War,  5.105-[3]

Canada as you know is planning to buy 65 F-35 fighters for $ 9.00 billion!! Plus another 5-6 billion to keep them in the air for the first twenty years! The F-35 is being sold as a Stealthy Fighter... A fighter is only Stealthy if you get it back at the end of the day! The F-35 can fly at Mach 1.6. It only has one engine. Its combat radius is less then 600 nm. It is unbuilt and unproven. You gotta be kidd'in me , right? The Oracle of Ottawa is not impressed at all. So I did some shopping on Wikipedia.

F-35, $138 million...

For that kind of money I want kick-ass flat out speed, like mach 2.25 + That is all the Stealth you really need!
I want two goddamn engines, not one! I want something that would give a dead men a hard on. I mean Shit! A fighter plane should look like a goddamn fighter plane! Not a marketer's jerk-off! I want it cheap and easy to work on and the ability to substitute different kinds of engines and avionics (gee that's hard to spell...). Ideally I would like to buy just a whole bunch of airframes and put in my own Canadian made engines...i.e. Restart the Canadian Military Aerospace Industry!  I want it battle proven and presently in production. 
I think I found something you all might like....

Mig 29; $24 million... Hot Damn!!
For $ 9.0 billion we could buy ...(carry the zero's...) 375(!!!) Mig - 29's. This thing with tweaked Canadian avionics could eat a F-35 any time, day or year!! Now you fighter jockey's out at Cold Lake quit drooling... You know what you would rather fly don't ya??  For every one F-35 we could have 5.75 Mig-29's! Now my buddy Ivan at the Russian Embassy has confided that an order for a mere 65 units could be had out of stock!! And this will include all the special tools; Canadian Tire socket set, 10lb. sledge hammer, crow bar 36", and the finishing  tool, one Russian Beech baseball bat. Very easy to work on, lasts forever, battle and climate tested... Many Happy customers..... Peter Mckay SIGN ME UP!! 


Watch this carefully.... Did ya see the 150 degree Cobra? Can an F-35 do that? Would you want to be in an F-35 against this (bargain basement) monster? Call your Tory MP and give him a dump off ! It seems that only way some politicians can tell  the difference between a dog and fighter aircraft is that they know that eventually the dog will piss on their leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment