Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pfffittttt.....and its gone...

All that is solid melts into air, all that is sacred is profaned.....
Karl Marx, The Manifesto of the Communist Party(1848),Section I, Paragraph 18, lines 12-14

When I was a young man I read right over the above quote. I just didn't get it. As I got older and did the inevitable reread the total view of this great work took on a whole different light. That is one of the weirdest and most wonderful things about Marx; it just won't get old. The things that I thought would never go away in my lifetime have. Former workplaces, people, the whole gamut. Marx was so right. Ole Karl always said turn the proposition on its head. So if everything melts into air, everything solid must come from air! The process is reversible. Just try picking winning stocks over a several year time frame. You will soon find if you are good that all that is solid comes from air. I always had a theory about the Manifesto.. It is pretty radical and I hope I don't offend any great Marx scholars. Here it goes, hold on tight. Karl and Friedrich had no idea in the least how important the work that they undertook would really be. Most of it was written in bars and taverns and we all know that Karl loved his beer and cigars.. "A spectre is haunting Europe..."  Brilliant Herr Marx! Karl replied over and over; " if you thought that was good buy me another beer and some cigars, Oy, I got hundreds of 'em" They drank free for at least six to eight weeks I figure.. If you don't believe me go to the Karl Marx Commons at Wikipedia and two thirds down there is an actual manuscript page! Note the ashes on the edges! And is that a hotel monogram on the sheet of paper? I will leave it to you dear reader to decide. And yes this story has a morale; Don't , don't, DON'T  drink and write. You could destroy the world!


This is I think my fourth post. I honestly thought that I would be talking to myself for at least six months. Wrong! I already have readers in Canada, United States, United Kingdom and really surprising Singapore! The new media what can I say? And the daily percentage increase is staggering. I am totally humbled. Now it is 11:00 pm. I have just finished watching my beloved CBC The National and that wonderful young man Adriane Harewood with my local news. Now what do I do? Watch George Whoselastnameicant sayorpronounce with the Red Chair or Charlie Rose? Pfffitttt... George your gone. Charlie Rose was awesome again tonight. Tee Chung-hwa was a great interview!(Lots of economic intelligence..) And Charlie Rose don't need no in house audience to back him up! And Charlie has every right in the world to be as arrogant as George IS but he demurs, he has no one to impress and nothing to prove. George you jacky little shit! You should watch Charlie Rose and learn your craft like a good journeyman!

For a blogger in Ottawa, Canada's National Capital it is sometimes truly great to be alive! An Ontario Superior Court Justice has struck down three provisions of the criminal code that literally decriminalizes prostitution in the Province of Ontario! What a hoot! Even I knew this was coming and I am truly glad I lived to see the day. Meanwhile the Tory's are beside themselves in moral outrage and indignation!! Meanwhile in Queens Park in Toronto Dalton McGuinty is looking for the bright side, and he soon finds it! " Gee guys this is one form of manufacturing you can't outsource!"  Woo Hoo! Sign us up! There go's the deficit! Successful politics is all in the outlook.. And I swear you could literally hear the square meter price of every empty commercial building in every empty industrial park in Ontario go up. In closing the utter highlight of the day occurred in Tim Horton's (somewhere in Ottawa..) When I overheard two old girls discussing Rona Ambrose
and her hissy indignant claim the federal government will appeal right away.. Rona Ambrose oh yes .. she's the minister of Shrew!



No comments:

Post a Comment